On 24th of October 2015, an 8 week programme was held at University Malaya for 27 under-served children. We welcomed the recruitment of 20 volunteers and support from the children’s school teacher and two welfare home. We received a generous nominal seed funding of RM5,000 from Petaling Jaya District Council. Since then, we have moved forward with improving the programme in the following years. Currently, our Foundation Programme is upgraded to a 10-week structured sessions consisted of one-to-one mentoring with specific activity modules.
Each week, the coaching team introduces different lesson plans with different exercise sequences and games, such as Dodgebee Connect, a game involving a durable and safe flying disc that’s designed to break the ice with participants.
Mentors in this programme include adult working professionals of varying fitness levels, all-rounder teens as well as graduates of the Care2Run Junior Leaders Programme.
This course will:
- ease participants into society and their own communities
Length of course
10 week of structured sessions available
Each session will be a total of 3 hours.
- 8 specific activity modules
- Specially designed activities based on individual needs
- Introducing different lesson plans with different exercise sequences and games, such as Dodgebee Connect
Who Can Join?
- Differently-able youths and children